We on the Auction Team have had the privilege of working with generous, ingenious auction donors for many years, and are so grateful for the results!
Really, the opportunities for donation are endless, limited only by your time, energy and creativity. We hope the ideas on this page will spark some brainstorming. But we can also talk at Coffee Hour – please come see us; we love to help generate ideas.
Let your imagination and your own unique interests and skills be your guide.
- Do you know how to cook a regional cuisine? Meals based on a culinary tradition are extremely popular.
- Do you have an unusual hobby? Build an event around it. Give bidders a tour of your living room collection of wine bottles, along with a spread of snacks; offer a chocolate tasting, offer a birdhouse-making workshop.
- If you work at an interesting place, you can offer a tour.
- Do you have have a skill or knowledge area conducive to lecture or discussion? Offer an hour or two of talk or discussion, followed by snacks or a luncheon.
- Offer an afternoon or evening of games. People have successfully offered events around card games, board games, and online games – even an annual Corn Hole tournament.
- Do you love animals? Offer a dog show.
- Offer a cooking class for your favorite recipe.
These are just a few of the endless possibilities. If you’d like to brainstorm, come talk to the Auction Team at coffee hour – we’d enjoy helping out with your decision.
Do you or a family member have access to a vacation cottage or resort condo? You can offer a time that suits your convenience as a getaway. Getaways have been traditional offerings at the UUCC Auction, and we could always use some new and interesting venues for getaways.
Again, let your imagination loose. Is there something you do that’s unusual? Do you like to do carpentry, handyman work, cooking, or driving?
Donors have successfully offered cat-sitting and airport transit services, as well as a handyman service, music lessons and tutoring. Add your unique interests and skills to the mix!
Do you have a dish or baked item that you’re “famous” for? Donate some to the Auction! People donate foods that others take home on Auction night, and they also donate foods for later pickup by the successful bidder. From pesto to gorgeous decorated cakes to meringue cookies, people love to buy foods and our UUCC folk are terrific cooks!
- Check out our past Auction Catalogs – you can browse years of creative ingenuity at https://annex.uucolumbia.net/catalog/past-auction-catalogs/
- Check out our 5-minute IDEAS video at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B427maSVcZefSkQ4bk03WnU4N0E/view